Sunday, July 02, 2006

Shoulder surgery

Back at the end of April I had surgery on my right shoulder due to an injury playing/coaching softball. I tore my labrum (cartilage) and needed to have it repaired. My arm was immobilized in a sling for 4 weeks and the next 3 weeks after that I spent doing intensive physiotherapy in Johannesburg. The doctor said it could take anywhere from 8 -12 months to be completely rehabilitated so I've still got a long way to go! While in Joburg I was blessed to be staying with a missionary couple, the Tadlocks, who took very good care of me. Their dog Teddy, who is actually a teacup poodle but you would never know it, kept me company when all I could do was lay around the house. Although I'm not a huge fan of dogs, Teddy and I had fun. I definately got in a lot of practice throwing that silly ball with my left hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home